There are countless websites, apps, newsletters and even magazines devoted to the Jewish followers of Kashrus, the Kosher dietary laws. However, the staff behind TheKosherQuestion.com are not experts in this religious field, but occasionally publish articles that will provoke interest from all consumers into various aspects of the kosher certification industry. As far as we know, we may be the only non-Jewish entity in the free world seriously addressing this subject matter for consumers outside the faith of Judaism. For if kosher certified goods pervade every cupboard, cabinet, refrigerator, and sink of the average household, spanning perhaps 1.5 million products – even inedible ones – under rabbinical control, shouldn’t there be a source to non-Jews to educate and inform – to build “Kosher Awareness?”
We are your consumer advocate and consumer watchdog! Our humble effort is a pittance of that required to bring “equity” to the consumer who does not keep kosher and does not wish to support the programs financed through kosher certification or the ancient religious laws and proscriptions of a faith not followed. In America today, one cannot eat or prepare food without indirectly supporting kosher agencies (if the supermarket is the primary marketplace for procuring sustenance.)
Your donations are most valuable to keeping this grassroots effort alive and growing. Thank you!
Subscribe to My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
- Review of the Book “From Kosher to Halal”
- Federal Trade Commission Complaint
- Kosher Toilet Paper?
- A Canadian Investigation into Kosher Certification
- From Kosher to Halal: You’ll Want this Book
- A Hanukkah Message to Consumers
- A Swedish Specter Presages a Food Industry
- A Wonderful NKC Recipe for Christmas
- Watcha Hiding
- Kosher Coffee Shops
- Snack Bars
- Chick-Fil-A Response to Going Kosher
- Dishwasher Detergents and Dish Soaps
- All But a Few Breakfast Cereals Kosher Certified
- Kosher Certified Coffee Filters
- First App of Its Kind!
- Most Orange Juice Kosher Certified
- Daughters of the American Revolution
- Kosher Chocolates and Candy
- Kosher Wine
- Kosher Cheese
- Heinz is the First
- Glatt Kosher